You always have a choice
You always have a choice even if it is to do nothing, you ALWAYS have a choice.
Sounds, looks, feels simple yes … no ?
Maybe you know exactly what you want and how to get IT, whatever the IT may be.
Maybe you know how to get IT and you don’t do IT to get IT?
Possibly you don’t know what IT is, so how can you know how to get IT.
What is IT?
Now I am starting to confuse myself, so it is no surprise that many people are in a state of confusion about the choices that they have, some people believe that they have no choice and will vehemently defend this belief to any challenge. This defence is usually pre-positioned with a big BUT.
Everyone has a choice, many are just not aware that they have freedom to choose. If that sounds like you, you are absolutely OK, there’s nothing wrong here! Yet there is a lot that could be better, greater, more amazing and brilliant than you already are.
When you become more aware, notice more, then the choice to choose becomes so much clearer. The two words that resonate within the definition of choice above, are ACT and POWER.
The life you want is the choices you make and how you act on those, your power:
- Power to challenge those beliefs that are holding you back.
- Power to choose to be assertive and look after your own needs as well as others.
- Power to choose to get fit and healthy.
- Power to choose what it is that makes you happy, successful, content. Whatever those things are to you.
Many of the choices we make are in our subconscious, we need this to function otherwise our lives would be a nightmare. Imagine having to think every daily task through; get up, turn light on, wash face, brush teeth, eat and so on. So we absolutely need our subconscious to function.
Yet, when does it become not so useful to us? Well when we need to get something different, which means making conscious choices and taking conscious actions. And not allowing your subconscious to sabotage you.
You consciously make a decision to change something in your life, or you have a specific goal to achieve something. Potentially even before you start your plan to change, your subconscious may start to convince you that you “can’t do IT…because of x y z” your limiting beliefs may kick in and you then choose to go back to the status quo and do nothing!
The great news is that you have the power in you to make choices and take the action to carry them out.
Being Aware, Awake and Conscious:
- Recognise what IT is, that you want
- What will IT give you
- What will you gain, what will you lose
- Your limiting beliefs that stop IT from happening for you
- How committed are you to IT
- How resilient are you to achieving IT
- What will happen if you get IT
- What will happen if you don’t get IT
- What won’t happen if you get IT
- What won’t happen if you don’t get IT
And if IT’s the right thing for you, then do IT!
Trish McCoy Associate Trainer Power of Words