Finance for the Non-Finance Director at the University of Gibraltar
Presented by Terry Waymouth who brought a unique wealth of insights from within the boardroom and wider business community.
Terry is a business coach with a wealth of board experience over 20 years with leading organisations in the private and third sectors as an executive and non-executive director. Including being managing director of an international leveraged finance business, and risk director of the UK’s biggest consumer credit, leasing and factoring group.
He led the delivery of a £25m strategic investment programme and directed the post-merger integration of the Lloyds and TSB business banking franchises. Terry is currently vice chairman & audit chair of the UK’s largest rural hospice and is on the boards of a retail sales company and two incorporated charities.
Terry gave those in attendance a fabulous three days of learning, using case studies and examples from his vast experience in corporate business, outlining the financial impact of the board’s strategic decisions and the director’s legal obligations in relation to finance.
The agenda for the three days covered:
- Identifying the financial role and responsibilities of directors
- Interpreting financial statements in accordance with accounting principles and standards
- Understand and establish the financial health of a business using accepted financial ratios
- Distinguish between management accounts and the statutory financial reports of a company
- Differentiate between the various sources of finance available to a company and their relative advantages and disadvantages
- Interpret the key components of capital investment appraisal
Every course leader brings a unique wealth of insights from within the boardroom and wider business community to the programmes they deliver, IoD Gibraltar provides exclusive access to their expertise.
Terry brought masses of passion for his subject, together with his knowledge and easy style of facilitation helping to demystify this somewhat complex area.
Attending this award will, without question, equip you with the knowledge and skills necessary to assess the financial health of your business. Why not take advantage of IoD Gibraltar and attend this and others in our series of modular awards, which if you wish can lead to achievement of the Certificate in Company Direction.
For the IoD Gibraltar program of modular awards, full details of the Certificate in Company direction and how to book Click Here